Why do some people see results quicker than others? Because every babe is different!
With any big change to your diet and exercise regime, you should see a result within 2 to 8 weeks.
However, if we put 10 girls on a deserted island and they ate the exact same food and completed the exact same workouts, after a couple of months they would each have a different result. Every person reacts to workouts differently. Some will lose weight on the scales, others won’t lose weight on the scales but will lose measurements.
When you will ‘see’ a result comes down to your age, genetics, whether you have a lot of fat to lose, your hormone levels, if you are starting with a high muscle mass... the list goes on!
The timing of visible results can also come down to your metabolism, which may have been damaged in the past from extreme dieting/fasting. Annndd… it can also come down to whether or not you are, honestly, putting in 100%!
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you really pushing yourself in your workouts? If you aren’t feeling exhausted after each workout, you need to up the intensity.
- Are you eating clean at least 90% of the time? If not, then it’s time to re-evaluate your goals. What means more to you; seeing a result or enjoying a cheat meal with your friends?
Eating clean doesn't have to be a chore! Try our life-changing breakfast smoothie!
There is no right or wrong answer to these questions – just be honest with yourself, and in turn, your goals.
BUT if you are really pushing yourself and eating clean and aren’t seeing a result after 6 weeks, here are some tips for you:
- Take your measurements and see if there is a difference, you may be pleasantly surprised!
- Skip cheat meals and eat clean 100% of the time.
- Relish the results that you can ‘feel’ as opposed to ‘see’; enjoy the increase in your energy and feeling great! Relish these feelings and let them motivate you to keep going!
- Add in an additional workout (to a maximum of 5 in a week).
- Up the intensity of your workouts, really push yourself! Lift heavier and run faster! Have you seen Karina's Instagram stories lately? Even after two years of consistent training she is exhausted and sweaty after her workouts as she continually pushes herself to new levels.
Adding diverse 'finishers' to your workouts is an easy way to increase intensity; try our favourites here!
If you are lucky enough to be one of those babes who sees results within 2 weeks, woohoo go you! But if you are one of those babes who can’t see a result after 6 weeks… this message is for you:
You WILL see a result, we promise! Don't give up! We're with you every step of the way!
Of course, don't hesitate to get in touch and reach out of you need some hints, tips, advice or just a boost in motivation!
Simon & Karina xx