Are you eating five serves of vegetables a day? Remembering that those five serves are best eaten fresh or sautéed in order to receive the full nutritional complement of vitamins and minerals.
Most of us aren't. Especially in the cooler months, because when it's cold you really don't make friends with salad. We find it so much easier to get our serves in when we make a greens smoothie to have in the morning.
And after lots of trial and error (those who make smoothies with kale will know what we're talking about), we have perfected a greens smoothie that will have you powering through your day!
Blend together the following:
- 1 stalk of celery washed (including the leaves on top)
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1/2 kale leaf with the stem removed (i.e. half of the leaves off a stem of kale)
- 1/4 cucumber
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup tinned pineapple pieces in natural juice (or frozen mango pieces)
- 1/4 cup ice
Blend this up before you leave the house for the day and then sip it throughout your morning. Enjoy BBB Babes!
Karina + Simon