This recipe ticks a lot of boxes: it's healthy, quick, easy to make, freezable and stores well for eating the next day. Yay! Plus it packs a high protein and good fats punch - double yay!
- 420g tin salmon drained
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup LSA or almond meal
- 1 tbsp dill
- Olive oil spray
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into even sized pieces. Boil the sweet potato pieces until a fork can be pushed through. Drain well and then mash in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the other ingredients to the sweet potato and mix well.
- Place a non-stick frypan on a low to medium heat and spray lightly spray it with olive oil.
- Create 8 even sized portions of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place them on the frypan and press down to form a round patty about 2cm thick.
- Cook for three to four minutes until browned and then flip and cook for another three minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve topped with a squeeze of lemon and sour cream, yummy!
These are great served cold the next day for lunch and also freeze really well if you want to cook them in bulk.
Enjoy BBB Babes!
Karina + Simon