BBB Babes, whether you are a vegan or not... stop what you are doing and make this nourish bowl pronto. It is THAT good! As it's name suggests, this bowl will nourish your body from the inside out as it is packed with vitamins and minerals.
This recipe has been taken from Vegain, our vegan nutrition guide and recipe book. Vegain is authored by vegan specialist, Lee Kennedy (aka Vegan Lee). Vegan Lee is a vegan himself, a nutritionist and former personal trainer - he knows better than anyone how to be a healthy vegan and complement your training program.
This recipe makes 2 serves. Halve the ingredients if you are making this for one or double them if you are making it for four.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 cups rocket
- 2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and olive oil with a fork until smooth.
- Divide between two bowls the rocket, purple cabbage, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, quinoa and avocado.
- To serve, sprinkle with the dried basil.
Nutritional breakdown (per serve):
Carbohydrates: 49 grams (or 53%), protein: 14 grams (or 15%), fat 17 grams (or 19%) and fibre 12 grams (13%).
Enjoy BBB Babes!