This is one of our favourite recipes from our newly launched EAT Nutrition Guide + Meal Plans! Instead of chucking a shrimp on the BBB this Aussie Day long weekend, whip this up and impress your friends and fam alike!
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup cheese grated
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160'C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the fat off the chicken breast and then cut it in half. Tenderise the halves to 1.5cm thick (if you don't have a tenderiser, cover the chicken in baking paper and hit it with a rolling pin).
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and sprinkle the bread crumbs, salt and pepper over a dinner plate.
- Heat a non-stick frypan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then coat both the sides with the bread crumbs before placing it in the frypan.
- Cook the chicken until the bread crumbs are beginning to brown (about 3 minutes each side).
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken to the baking tray. Spread a tablespoon of tomato paste over the top of each piece, then add a slice of ham and top with the grated cheese.
- Place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled.
- Serve hot with Zoodles (zucchini noodles, as we recommend in EAT) or a side salad.
And if you're counting macros: 21% carbs, 42% protein and 37% fat.
Karina + Simon