You read correctly - BROWNIES!
It's time to replace your standard Netflix snacks with these little slices of heaven. Your taste buds AND your muscles will thank you for it!
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (our secret ingredient… sssh!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups chocolate protein powder
- 1 ½ cups of milk (we prefer almond)
- ½ cup almond meal or LSA
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup coconut (we prefer shredded but you can use desiccated)
- 1/3 almond butter (melted)
- ¼ cup cacoa nibs
- ¼ cup cacoa
- ¼ cup crushed nuts (optional)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (or 160 fan forced).
- Oil and line a medium sized baking tray (the mix should be about 2cm thick when poured in).
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into regular size for boiling. Boil until a knife easily slices through the pieces (be careful not to over boil as otherwise the mash will become too soggy). Drain well and then mash. Set the mash aside to allow it to cool whilst you prepare the dry ingredients.
- In a separate, bowl combine the protein powder, almond meal, plain flour, goji berries, coconut, cacao nibs, cacao, crushed nuts and baking powder.
- Add in eggs, milk, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sweet potato. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes check the mixture is cooked through (a fork should come out clean), and if not place it back in the oven or if you like your brownies a little soft, take it out of the oven now.
And that's it!
These are so delicious. If you make these, and live on the Gold Coast, you are VERY welcome to come and visit!
For our non-GC resident Babes, when you make them, post a pic of you enjoying them and tag #bbb12weekchallenge so we can enjoy them with you too!