This recipe is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free... and yes, they're amazing! Enjoy BBB Babes!
Serves: 10 (recipe makes 10)
- 1 serving vegan protein powder
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 tbsps cacao
- 4 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (food grade)
- Desiccated coconut to serve
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Place the dates in a separate bowl and cover them with water as well. Leave them to soak for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and dates.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend in 30 second intervals until well mixed. You may need to add more coconut oil if the mixture is too thick, or more protein powder if too sticky.
- Roll tablespoon sized portions into balls with your hands (the mixture will make 10 balls). Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut and then place them in the fridge.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutritional breakdown (per serve): carbs 34% (13g), protein 18% (7g), fat 40% (15g) and fibre 8% (3g).
For more recipes, vegan advice and vegan meal plans, click here.