This is just one of the 110+ recipes from EAT Nutrition Guide + Meal Plans, but it is definitely one of the BBB teams faves!
Ingredients to make 4 serves:
- 500g beef mince (aka 'ground' beef for our USA BBB Babes)
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (400g)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a non-stick frypan on a medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Once the onion is beginning to soften, add in the mince, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When the mince is beginning to brown, stir through the carrot, zucchini, capsicum and mushroom until well combined.
- Add in the sweet chili sauce, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, organic, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 30 minutes or until all the juice has been absorbed.
If you want to cook this in bulk, double the recipe and freeze the leftovers. Serve with steamed broccoli and zucchini noodles for you and pasta for the kids. Add a side of sour cream and cheese too, yum!
For more recipes and/or to follow a meal plan tailored to your goal, click here.
Enjoy BBB Babes!