Christmas has come and gone and the party season ends in few days. It’s been the time of year to enjoy delicious food with friends and family. And exercise; what’s that!? Don't worry, we feel you!
It's around this time of the year when we all start to think about a New Years Resolution. And what’s the most commonly themed resolution? To get fit and lose weight!
Are you planning to workout six days a week? Are you going to cut all treats from your diet? Are you going to ride your bike to school or work every day no matter what?
We are all for you reaching for the stars! But we don’t want you to just reach, we want you to actually get there!
An estimated 92% off people won’t achieve their resolution. Why? Because they set an unrealistic goal which results into it being too difficult to achieve. You have to learn to walk before you can run!
So, what is the resolution that you are 100% more likely to keep?
Make a small change every week!
This might seem so insignificant when we all want results straight away. But trust us, you will be 52 times better off at the end of 2018!
Here are some of our suggestions on what you can change each week:
- Commit to getting eight hours of sleep a night.
- Swap full sugar drinks to diet drinks.
- Limit yourself to one coffee a day.
- Stop having sugar in your coffee.
- Take the stairs one day a week.
- Then, next week, take the stairs two days a week, then three etc.
- Exercise in one lunch break a week. Then two lunch breaks a week etc.
- Have a salad for lunch three days a week.
- Have one serve of vegetables a day. Then two, then three etc.
- Instead of cereal for brekky, have an omelette.
- Name one thing a day that you love about your body.
- Walk fifteen minutes three days a week, building up over the weeks into a 20 minute jog without stopping.
- Complete one workout from The Bandbook each week, building up to four or five a week.
- Have takeout one night a week only.
- Commit to having sweets as treats rather than an everyday occurrence.
It takes 21 days to create a habit, but only 1 day to break it.
2018 CAN be the year of YOU, you’ve got this!